Translators work best when they have a solid background knowledge in the broader field around the documents they are translating. Throughout their careers, translators develop what they call “niches” of expertise. By “niches”, translators refer to their fields of expertise and indicate the areas they have studied and worked the most in. They can have “niches” in different areas such as, for example, Medicine, Law, Finance, and/or Science.
Over the years, ModoGlobal’s niche has grown to include the following areas:
- Healthcare: Medical and Surgical specialties
- Psychology, including Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and more
- Science (general)
- Law (general)
- Journalism and Communication Studies, Audiovisual Communication and Social Media
- Tourism and Travel
- Education / Pedagogy
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
- Tourism & Travel
- Land development
We have been doing work for the University of Nicosia Medical School, the Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society, the Cyprus Tourism Organization (CTO), and private individuals in the fields of Education, Communication and Media Studies, Computer Engineering, and Urban Planning. Our record includes the translation of legal documents, research articles, theses, reports, websites, emails and letters, leaflets and brochures, as well as short personal messages.
We have been doing work for
- The University of Nicosia Medical School (English/Spanish/French into Greek and vice versa)
- The Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society (Greek into English),
- The Cyprus Tourism Organization (Greek/ English into French),
- Private individuals in the fields of Education (Spanish into English, English), Audiovisual Communication and Media Studies (Spanish into English), Computer Engineering (Spanish into English), and Urban Planning (Greek into English).
Our record includes the translation of health-related and other legal documents, research articles and theses, reports, websites, emails and cover letters, leaflets and brochures, as well as short personal messages. We have also translated a series of academic presentations, texts, and manuscripts.
We serve as reviewer and editor for Language Education journals since 2011 and have recently joined the Coursera Global Translator Community. Stay tuned for our online course translations!
* ModoGlobal is an online translation service, run by Victoria Antoniadou.
For any inquiries or place your request, do not hesitate to contact us.