ModoGlobal is run by Victoria Antoniadou. Victoria was born in the Greek-speaking half of Cyprus. She has completed Language, Translation, and Education studies and has lived in Spain, the UK, and France. After a 5-year life-changing experience in Barcelona, she is now a Medical interpreter and translator, putting language mastery, cultural knowledge and previous experience into her own online translation service.
- Greek native linguist, interpreter and translator
- BA in French Language and Literature – University of Cyprus
- MA in Advanced Languages Studies (UK), including French to English Interpreting and Translation: Technical Translation and Law
- PHD in Language and Literature Education (SPAIN)
- IoLET preparation diploma (Spanish to English): Technology, Business, Literature, Science, Social Science, Law
- Life and work experiences abroad – 5 years in Barcelona, Spain; 1 year in Liverpool, UK; 6+1 months (Erasmus experience) in Nancy and Lyon, France
- Interpreter for the University of Nicosia Medical School
- Simultaneous/Whispered interpreting in General Medicine; Nicosia, November 2014-present; Greek into English
- Sight translation of medical reports in General Medicine; Nicosia, November 2014-present; Greek into English
- Simultaneous/Whispered interpreting in Adult and Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics; Nicosia, November 2014-present; Greek into English
- Consecutive interpreting in Pediatrics; Nicosia, November 2014-present; Greek into English and vice versa, English into French and vice versa
- Consecutive interpreting in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neurology, and Surgery, General Medicine; Nicosia, November 2014-present; Greek into English and vice-versa; English into Spanish and vice versa
- Consecutive interpreting in Child and Adult Psychiatry; English into Greek and vice versa, English into Spanish and vice versa, English into French and vice versa
- Website translation from and into English, Spanish, French, Greek
- Translated the 2016 official leaflet for the Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society from Greek into English
- Translated part of the Cyprus Tourism Organization website from English/Greek into French.
- Translated research articles in Communication and Media Studies from Spanish into English
- Translated letters for Urban Planning from Greek into English
- Edited and reviewed online journals and research articles in Education: English, Spanish, and French
- Conducted and published research in Applied Linguistics and Foreign Language (Teacher) Education
- Language Teacher of English, French, and Spanish for private language institutes and private individuals (group or one-to-one classes)
- Taught English for Specific Purposes at universities in Cyprus and Spain, including English for General and Academic Purposes, Dentistry, Physiotherapy
As a medical interpreter, I work in public hospitals in Cyprus. I work both independently and as part of a team of healthcare professionals, patients, and medical students. In 2014, I started working with the international student cohort, following the St. George’s, University of London medical program, as delivered at the University of Nicosia Medical School. I have been doing this ever since. My job mainly consists in facilitating communication between doctors, medical students, and patients from English to Greek and vice versa. I interpret the contributions between medical students and patients during history-taking, doctor-led clinical consultations and also sight translate medical documents. I have worked across medical and surgical specialties, including Child and Adult Psychiatry, Pediatrics, General Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neurology, and Surgery. I am also fluent in French and Spanish, from and into which I have also interpreted and translated in the aforementioned settings. Learn about the role of medical interpreters here.
Education and professional training
Academically, I hold a Ph.D. in Language and Literature Education from the Department of Language, Literature and Social Science Education at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (2008-2013). I have an MA in Advanced Language Studies from the Liverpool John Moores University (2005-2006), which included translation and interpretation training from French into English and vice-versa. I hold a BA degree in French Language and Literature from the Department of French Studies and Modern Languages at the University of Cyprus (2001-2005). I was an Erasmus student in Nancy and Lyon France for 6+1 months. I have taught English and French as Foreign Languages to young and adult audiences in Spain and Cyprus.
For more information or to place your request, do not hesitate to contact ModoGlobal here.